If you do not see a L&D or Continued Education budget, we recommend creating a proposal to take to your manager. We recommend sending this proposal before your meeting or 1:1 so your manager can digest the information and come with any questions. This also allows them time to check with others above them that may control the budget.
Key things to include in your proposal
What is this? WISE Individual Membership is an annual subscription for women in the sales community. Individual Member gives you access to:
- Unlimited access to WISE Pods- An interactive way to meet other community members from around the world in a virtual roundtable setting with topic discussions led by experienced WISE mentors
- Exclusive access to the WISE Online Forum (hosted via Slack) for members and sponsors only. Ask questions, share knowledge and cultivate relationships made during Pods and other WISE networking events
- Mentorship matching opportunities with sales leaders in the WISE Executive Council- a curated council made up of women VP-level or above that have volunteered to mentor members in the WISE community
- Ability to view and apply for open roles on the WISE Job Board featuring WISE-vetted sponsors
- Free admission to all WISE events, both virtual and/or in-person
- Invitations to member-only events in individual cities (in-person events are typically $20-$30/each)
What is the cost?
$320/year if paid upfront, $100/quarter if paid in installments
How do you plan to use this membership?
We recommend “committing” to a certain engagement strategy. Based on your schedule and interests, if one of your goals is to do more networking and get to know others in the community, you may say, “Attend 1 Pod session/month,” or if you’re working on improving your personal brand “Tune in to 2 virtual panels and write a LinkedIn post with my takeaways the day after”.
Other pitch points to contextualize your interest:
- Ability to meet and network with women all around the world no matter seniority or geographic location
- Access to mentors and female leadership that may be lacking at your current company
- $320/year broken down monthly is $26.66/month. This is less than going out to team drinks, paying for an employee’s lunch, or a variety of other things that we typically associate with expenses